Barley, water, hops and yeast – only four natural ingredients are necessary to brew a classic beer. So what happens if you add more?
Customers taste preferences are constantly changing and trying out new beer mixes has rapidly increased in popularity. In line with the “natural” trend, botanicals come along as the logic answer. Infusing beer with roasted mate, green tea or ginseng is a perfect match. We offer a large selection of extracts that when combined with beer allow for entirely new taste experiences – and at the same time ensure clarity – no turbidity, no sedimentation.
The combination of beer with polyphenol-rich extracts, like tea, frequently results in the formation of turbidity and sedimentation. These phenomena are caused due to a reaction of proteins from beer with phenolic substances from tea.
In cooperation with the Weihenstephan Research Center at the Technical University Munich we have developed guidelines to stabilize beer and tea mixes without turbidity or sedimentation.
• 12 months stable and sensorial very attractive beer mix with tea
• characteristic substances of green tea (catechins and caffeine) remain largely unchanged
• tea extract content is at least 0.6 g/l in the ready-to-drink beverage
• easy production at reasonable costs
• the process is permitted for beer production according to the German Purity Law
• an option for a descriptive name could be “Beer mix from 50 % Beer and 50 % Tea drink“
Get in touch for further information.
Natural products, authentic indulgence, certified raw materials and directly brewed drinks are highly popular within consumers. Our strong infusions provide exactly these attributes. They stand for […]Learn more
The global tea market is showing significant trends for 2019. It becomes clear that trends that already gained market presence in 2018 will continue their success […]Learn more